The boys and mom approved!
3 ripe bananas (you could use ripe plantains as well)
1/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp water
2 cups flour
2/3 cup butter or shortening
Prepare the dough:
1. Mix together salt and flour.
2. Cut the butter in the flour until ressembles coarse crumbs.
3. Add water, 2 Tbsp at a time, mixing with a fork. Form dough into a ball, and refrigerate wrapped in waxed paper.
1. Put bananas, sugar and water in a saucepan and cook at low to medium temperature until mixture thickens (about 15 minutes).
2. Add a pinch of nutmeg and vanilla.
3. Add optional food red coloring
1.Spread dough unto a working surface and make rounds.
2. Fill each round half full and seal, making sure to dempen the edges.
3. Brush the tarts with some milk and prick with a fork.
4. Place unto a baking sheet and bake at 450 for 10 min., then at 350 for 25 min.
Et voila, enjoy!