Zucchini FrittersI made these a couple weeks ago and they were a hit with the family.
vegetable oil for frying
3 cups grated zucchini
1 cup diced onion
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1. Combine the zucchini, onion and egg in a bowl
2. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, pepper and chili powder together.
3. Mix together the zucchini mixture with the flour mixture.
4. Heat some oil, deep enough for frying, but no too deep.
5. Drop a heaping tablespoon of batter in the oil and fry for about 2-3 minutes until firm inside and brown on the outside.
6. Place on a paper towel to fdrain the excess oil.
7. Transfer to a serving plate and enjoy, as a side or a snack.